follow me on redux

5.9.07

Hanging in there Just

These two are soooo lucky they are still here the idiot on the left will hopefully be gone from the political scene here in Australia before Christmas, the other has to go next year 2008 is his limit.

Actually, I never wanted the self-styled World’s Police Commissioner to come here at all along with most Australians, but he has to as he represents America in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit or APEC as it is usually called

In fact, in a first for us here the USA was permitted to use their secret service officials armed. I reckon they have done it before personally.

This goes against all our laws here but I can understand the reason, this of course does not mean to say I like the circumstances, as I do not.

I wonder if other world leaders who visit the USA are allowed the luxury of having armed bodyguards!! I would say yes though as sadly the USA is in my view gun mad at times.

APEC, was established in 1989 to further enhance economic growth and prosperity for the region, and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community, so a good idea for all concerned.

I do hope that the red Chinese are taken to task over its policies but I doubt it as what is getting most people annoyed with Communist China has actually nothing to do with APEC’S agenda at all; still while all these nations are together I reckon it is a good idea to bring up things like the Kyoto protocol.

Global warming and all that jazz; get stuck into that while they are all at the conference table is my view.

This war in Iraq which I think could well spread to include Iran is something else again; these two dill’s have and will be discussing this mark my words, most of us are now sick of reading about it; what stuck in my craw was the way our foreign minister described the views of our defence forces.

To quote Downer “Australian soldiers do not wish us to pull out of Iraq” unquote sadly he may well be right BUT for all the wrong reasons.

The real reason I reckon is that they get a large sum of money tax free to go to Iraq, Afghanistan and other trouble spots.

I do wish those things had applied to me when I did my time as a soldier but no I signed on the dotted line to serve her Majesty’s forces just like the ones today I am still wondering if I did something wrong or was it a progress thing, silly me of course it was.

Sourced from

No comments:

Post a Comment