follow me on redux

24.10.06

Parachute failure!!

I was sadly dismayed on reading this There are risks of course with any sport but this was a sad one as the qualifications to participate in this sport in West Virginia are very rigid it seems, this is the first fatality there since 1887 a once a year event. It’s called base jumping and as the name suggests involves jumping off tall structures etc with a parachute. There are risks involved naturally but humankind has always taken risks be it war or pleasure. The sheriff said it was permitted to continue as there did not seem to be any freaky conditions, I guess they allowed it to carry on as competitors from other countries were taking part. And I had considered a tandem parachute drop myself this week. This guy was 66 so not a madcap youngster and a retired California Police lieutenant to boot, ah such is life. SMH

No comments:

Post a Comment